Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Top 25 is Utah-free



So if I were to tell you before the year that one of Texas, Florida, and USC would be missing from the top 25 in mid-November, you would not have guessed that the Lane Kiffin team would be the one, right?

I went back and forth on TCU and Boise State. I like TCU more as a team, but I can't really justify ranking the Horned Frogs above the Broncos when TCU had a close call at home (and in the process gave up 35 points, thus cutting against the image of TCU having a dominant defense) and TCU's two big scalps - Utah and Baylor - both fell out of the rankings. Meanwhile, Boise State trucks right along, albeit against a really bad Idaho team. If they hold serve by dominating Fresno State and Nevada, then they'll be in poll position to play for the national title if Oregon or Auburn loses.

No comments: