Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Please Remind us why all SEC Fans over 50 Hate Alabama

Short version of Roll Bama Roll's SEC round-up: everyone in the conference is crap. Bama should replace Jacksonville in the AFC South.

Quick question: if the rest of the SEC is so mediocre, then why should Alabama go to the national title game over an unbeaten Ohio State and an unbeaten Boise State? I kept reading in the hopes I would find a nice statement about someone in the SEC, but it was all in vain. Is it me or does the Alabama fan base produce a disproportionate share of fans who view the Tide as being above and beyond the rest of the conference, almost in the same way that Notre Dame fans felt about the rest of college football before two decades of reality hit?

3 comments:

Ell said...

FWIW, I totally agree with you about that post. I'm a Bama blogger myself and I've responded in the comments about how asinine his thoughts on Auburn are for one.

The level of hubris is Tuscaloosa right now is pretty high, and it just means there are going to be disappointed people when the Tide does eventually slip up and lose a game.

I hope it doesn't happen (I'm an unabashed homer), but it's more likely than not going to at some point in the not so distant future. Hopefully not when I'm in Columbia next weekend anyway...

JR Suicide said...

Having grown up in that godawful state before escaping to Georgia I can say that 90% of Tide fans are as unrealistic, snobbish, and obnoxious as your average Yankees/Red Sox/Duke fan.

Hobnail_Boot said...

JRS1-

Hilarious. You know what else those fans have in common? They're fans of proven winners. Just like Alabama.