Friday, September 04, 2009

"But James, I need you!" "So does BurritoBlogging."

I am extremely excited right now.

I was also extremely excited on the Friday nights before the 2007 and 2008 seasons. The nights before Appalachian State and then the beginning of the 3-9 adventure.

I wish I had something more definite to say about the Dawgs than that I am confident for the game tomorrow. The more I think about UGA, the more they strike me as a classic underrated team. They could have the best collection of lines in the conference, which will make Cox and Samuel look good. I also think that A.J. Green is going to be the best player on the field tomorrow.

One of the real underrated pleasures of being an Atlanta sports fan is watching the Dawgs in a big road game. A second is watching Bobby get ejected. Peachtree TV should hire a lip reader for occasions like this.

I'm ready for the Joe Cox rumors to end. By the end of fall practice, I was expecting to hear that Cox had drank from the fake grail and would be out because of extreme aging.

Wait a second, Dusty Baker just bunted with a runner on second, no one out, and his pitcher on deck? How does this guy keep a job?

I am sick of the Braves bunting.

I am debating the Iowa love now that they are deploying a walk-on at running back. And as a soccer fan who likes to remind Anglophiles of the "I'd rather be a Paki than a Turk" chant when they go on and on about Spanish racism, I feel all weird when I hear the name Paki O'Meara.

Bronson Arroyo could play footie with that hairdo.

I feel very conflicted between the night games on the first Saturday of college football going on at the same time as Brazil-Argentina.

At one point during the late game last night, I started a new game: pick out things that my three-year old knows that Mark Jones does not.

I might renounce college football altogether if Michigan loses tomorrow.

No comments: