Thursday, October 08, 2009

Tech and Georgia at the Dome?

For the record, I think that this would be a great idea. Generally, I'm a fan of just about anything that differentiates college football from the NFL. Specifically, I'm a fan of split crowds because it adds to the experience, either in person or watching on TV. I love the Red River Shootout and the World's Largest Cocktail Party. I had a good time watching Arkansas and Texas A&M play in Dallas. I wish that Michigan and Notre Dame would play on occasion at Soldier Field. I think that Miami and Florida State should play in Tampa. I'd like to see Ohio State and Penn State play in Pittsburgh on one occasion. If a game gives fans something new, creates a carnival atmosphere in a major city, makes for great TV, and highlights the blandness of the NFL, then it ought to happen.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

No snarky comment from a UGA fan about how the games at Tech already are split crowds? Well, there, I did it for you.

Generally I do not like the idea though. We have bowl games for that type of stuff.

Jesse said...

While I don't like the fact that the game would be in Week 1, it's really not that bad of an idea. In fact, it's the first game I thought of when the ASC introduced the Kickoff. I concur with your thoughts.