Monday, February 19, 2007

A Note on the Soccer-Heavy Coverage

The period after the Super Bowl is the worst period in American sports, especially for someone like me who thinks that NASCAR and golf are dumb. There's not that much to say about sports on these shores right now, other than the occasional update on the Hawks, who are improving, and the Thrashers, who are collapsing because their defensemen are and have always been substandard and Lehtonen's worrying trend of allowing rebounds has made that more obvious. I'll get into college hoops a little more in March, but my obsession with college football has dampened my interest in college hoops, especially because it has caused me to decide that the college hoops regular season is borderline meaningless. Thus, I'll be a little heavy on The Other Football for a little while, especially with the Champions League starting again. My apologies if this isn't your cup of tea.

No comments: