Thursday, January 03, 2008

Another Reason Why I Love Lloyd

Per the rumor mill, his post-game comment to Urban Meyer:

"Someday, you're going to retire, and your players are going to play as hard as mine did [today]."

That's just a perfect combination of insight and Midwestern modesty. Lloyd drove me crazy as a coach at times and I really wasn't liking him when the rumor mill indicated that he was a force against hiring Les Miles, but I've always had the greatest respect for him as a human being. His comments to Meyer, just like his "finish your degree" speech to his players after the game, illustrate that feeling.

To those of you who aren't Michigan fans and find this treacly or nauseating, I apologize. I'll stop being blubbery and return to white hot rage in a couple weeks if Ryan Mallett transfers and Terrelle Pryor verbals to Ohio State.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're just talking about how much you love Lloyd Carr because you know that he's finally gone. Think back to weeks 1-2 of the season.

Michael said...

That's why I added the "he drove me crazy at times as a coach" caveat.