Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Let the sport commence!


And with that quote from Kamal Khan in Octopussy, my blog gets underway. I'm sure you have a lot of questions, so why don't we start by answering some of them:

What's this Blog about?

Atlanta sports teams. I'll be posting on the Braves, Hawks, Falcons, and Thrashers (G-d willing), along with some SEC and ACC action. I don't cover golf, tennis, NASCAR, or any other individual sports. I'm a real Communist like that. Intermittently, I'm sure I'll veer onto Dylan lyrics, Bond movie rankings, the Battle of Stalingrad, and whatever else crosses my mind. There'll also be plenty of media criticism, because what's better than a typing head criticizing a talking head?

Why are you writing this Blog?

Because no one else is. I go to a lot of games and always find that the write-ups in the AJC never quite scratch my itch for provocative analysis. I also find that most of the media is targeted to the lowest common denominator, so there's a void for intelligent analysis. (Note that I am not foreclosing myself from the occasional Lindsay Lohan remark with that statement.) Having lost faith that I'll ever find a media source written by people with graduate degrees with no fear of angering any of the people they cover, I decided to do my own.

Who are you?

Michael. I live in Atlanta. I grew up in the state (from age 9 until I went to college.) I went to plenty of games at Fulton-County and the Omni. Game 7 of the '92 NLCS is my favorite sports memory; Game 4 of the '96 Series is my least favorite. 'Nique and Murph were my childhood heroes.

What do you do all day?

Lawyering, but man cannot subsist on screaming at opposing counsel and drafting discovery alone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atlanta is a shitty sports town, Michael.

Just kidding. I'm looking forward to reading more soon.

Unknown said...

I heard that Atlanta is a shitty sports town. Is it right?

And now i am going to search about cheap dissertation writing service uk.

Unknown said...

I am very agitated that I have discovered your post because I have been penetrating for some information on this for about two hours. You have helped me a lot undeniably and by reading this article. I have found much new and valuable information about this subject. I was guessing if you could write a little more on this subject? I’d be grateful if you could involved a little bit more.
Thanks for sharing it.
Get dissertation writing service from onlinewritingservice.co.uk





Anonymous said...


Hi, I think u have posted the best article according to information. keep it up I will be glad to see such informative and helping article from u. very useful information.. thanks for sharing
purchase dissertation


Unknown said...

Cheap Assignment Writing Service . 100% satisfaction guaranteed. For more information visit here.
Get Finance Homework Help or Assistance in Accounting from certified experts. 24/7 assistance at reasonable prices. No registration required. Finance Homework Help.