Friday, May 27, 2005

This is not encouraging

"Boy, I'll tell you, we could be looking at some real delays!" - Federal Aviation Administration Administrator Marion Blakey

Given that the normal posture of the FAA is to reassure the public that "everything is well," a la Kevin Bacon in Animal House, I think the message for those of us traveling this summer is "grab your ankles." Time to fuel up Guderian (my car, named after the German general/tank genius from WWII) for the summer, although I have a trip to Vegas on tap for early July and I don't think that driving is a great option, although it would allow me to sample the delights of Texas Barbecue. Incidentally, that article gave me an insatiable desire for barbecue. Fat Matt's for lunch, it must be. (I saw Revenge of the Sith last night and now speaking like Yoda, I am. Oldest joke in the galaxy, this must be.)

No comments: